The CURE-XF project (http://www.cure–xf.eu/) is pleased to announce its 1st International Workshop on: “Xylella fastidiosa – diagnosis, control, and management measures”, which will take place in Morocco from 2 to 8 February 2020.
The International Workshop is jointly organised by CIHEAM Bari (Italy), as Project Coordinator, the Moroccan Ministry of Agriculture and INRA Maroc, the Moroccan partner of the project.
The International Workshop objectives are:
- Providing basic scientific knowledge and practical experiences on different aspects underlining the complex pathogen-hosts-vectors interactions;
- Promoting research capacity building in Third Countries;
- Raising awareness on the emerging threats posed by Xylella fastidiosa;
- Supporting pest risk assessment.
The programme will include lectures and practical sessions on:
- Biology (host range and symptomatology) and genetics;
- Diagnosis and strain characterization (isolation and culturing, serological and innovative molecular approaches);
- Novel applications to support monitoring programs and surveys;
- Identification of insect vectors and monitoring approaches.
Plant Pathologists, Entomologists, Phytosanitary Inspectors and Risk Managers coming from Morocco and other countries and dealing with plant diseases.
No of participants and training organization
A total of 30 participants will benefit from the workshop activities. Theoretical lectures and practicals in the field and in the lab will be organised over the week (Language of instruction: English).
Registration will be free of charge for all participants.
Participants will have to cover their own travel costs, as well as board and lodging expenses and insurance.
The application deadline is 15 January 2020 and complete applications must be sent through this link https://forms.gle/DBt6TBopATyHMMDS9 .
Selected candidates will be announced by the second half of January.
For more detailed information, please contact Silvia Centonze (email@example.com).
Applications should include:
- Application form (link https://forms.gle/DBt6TBopATyHMMDS9);
- Short Curriculum vitae;
- Motivation letter for participating in International Workshop, which should indicate the academic/professional status of the applicant; Reference letter from the applicant’s supervisor or employer;
- Financial support justification (for non-Moroccan participants).